Couponers United

Sunday, May 8, 2011

It's Sunday and you know what that means.....

Yeah Sunday has arrived!! I like Sundays for a couple of reasons first we go to church as a family and have great worship. Second it is coupon day that's right get your papers and your weekly ads it is coupon clippin time!


So I have been asked by some people exactly how I do what I do so now I shall tell you. I want all to remember I am not the coupon guru and don't claim to be. However I really have fun doing it and really enjoy showing others how to as well.


First what I do is buy multiple papers, today we bought 4 of our local paper and 4 of the Raleigh paper. We buy 2 different papers because the Raleigh paper has a better selection of coupons in it. When I get home I take out all the weekly ads that I coupon shop with and take a look at them to see what kind of deals they are offering and that way I can keep a look out for coupons that may correlate with the deals. After scouring the weeklys I start clipping away, now I clip every single coupon there is to clip it doesn't matter whether I use it or not. Once all the coupons are clipped I go through them and separate the ones that I would use or possibly use and the ones that I would not I put to the side. The ones that I put to the side I swap with others, sell on ebay, or send to  friends and family that I know can use them. OK  so back to the coupons you want to use...I have a coupon binder (photos to come later of said binder and you will be able to purchase a similar binder to fit your needs...coming soon) anyways as I was saying I have a binder that I store all my coupon necessities in such as calculator, scissors, weekly ads, shopping list and most important the COUPONS!! I organize the coupons by food and household and I do them by the month they expire. I also have sections in the binder specifically for the places that I shop at so that way I can put the ad and the coupons I want to use in that designated section. 


OK so we have our coupons clipped and organized now what.....We take our weekly ads and we match coupons up to the sales. For instance my fav place is Walgreens they have been running a deal of B1G1 on Osteo-Bi flex pills which are regularly $19.95 and Up per box.I happen to have coupons that are $6 off one bottle so I take 2 of the $6 coupons and apply them to my B1G1 deal Making the total for 2 boxes $7.95 for a total savings of $31.95.


Now it is overwhelming at first because alot of the pharmacies run similar sales so you just have to take your time and see which is the best deal. When I first started I only went to Walgreens just so I could get the hang of it and get it down pat.  The pharmacies such as CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, etc run there sales Sun-Sat. Now the Grocery stores I shop at run sales Wed-Tues. Also the pharmacies do "cash back" type transactions with certain purchases. CVS has extrabucks, Walgreens has register rewards, and RiteAid does up rewards. All of which you can use on your next purchases. So when looking at the ads be sure to look for the sales with "cash back" benefits and if you have to do multiple transactions in order to get the most bang for your buck (yes I am the crazy lady who goes and separates sales or makes multiple trips in order to get more money back sssshhhh don't tell anyone). 


So I know this is a lot of info to take on all at once and I this was just with the pharmacies I haven't even began to talk about the grocery stores.....OOOOHHHH MAN. So feel free to ask questions and to  add your own coupon knowledge. Also if there are certain coupons that you may be looking for just ask I may have them or know where you can find them. Also under the title of the blog you will find 2 links one for southern savers and the krazy coupon lady. These 2 sites are helpful in matching up coupons with the ads and they also have printable coupons on there site. 
So good luck and get to saving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment